the dove is a symbol of peace.
These doves can be made
and hung as if flying around your room,
or sent with a message to your Peace Pal.
You will need:
- Start with a square piece of paper which you can make from any rectangle simply by folding up a short edge diagonally to meet the long side and cut off extra. Open flat.
- Fold square paper in half into rectangle and unfold again to lay flat.
- Fold (2) corners in to center line.
- Fold paper in half with triangles inside.
- Fold head down about 1/4 of top edge, creasing well.
- Fold head backwards on the same crease again creasing well.
- Fold (2) Return head to original position and push down on top fold, reversing the middle crease.
- Draw triangle shape and cut away shaded area to make wing and tail.
- Fold up wing. Turn Dove over and fold up other wing.
- Completed Dove can be decorated or hung just like this.